Damages from moisture and mould can cause tremendous damage to your house, and lead to very expensive sanitation costs. The problems often occur in bathrooms, basements, garages and attics. New methods of heating, poor construction and climates with a lot of downpour are some of the reasons why we often get too high humidity levels in our homes.
Damp and mould are not only damaging to your house, it is also harmful for the people living in the house. Mould can be linked to asthma and allergies and is very hazardous to our health. When the humidity level rises, so does the risk of mould forming – especially during the warmer periods of the year.
Wood’s dehumidifiers are a quick, efficient and easy solution to damp and humidity problems. Wood’s dehumidifiers are easy to use, and no particular installation is required. All you need to do is to connect the power cord and let the dehumidifier to its job!
Wood’s dehumidifiers will work only when the humidity level exceeds your set value. This keeps energy costs down, at the same time as it provides you with a reliable and safe protection against mould, damp, mildew and bad odour.
A compressor dehumidifier removes excessive humidity from the air by cooling the water vapour and converting the water from vapour to liquid water.
As the air is drawn through the dehumidifier by the fan, the air passes over the compressor cooled copper coils. The coils cool the water vapour, separating the water from the air.
The water drips down from the coils and is drained away with the water hose. Left is the dry air that is exhausted in the room. As the dehumidifier condensates the water vapour, heat energy is released. That is why a compressor dehumidifier will exhaust warm, dry air that is extra beneficial for drying clothes, laundry, wood etc.
A compressor dehumidifier is the most energy efficient way to remove excess moist and bad odour. Keep the relative humidity level between 50% and 60% to maintain a safe and healthy indoor environment.